Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Moms!

Well, I joined the myspace world oh... I don't know, a little under 3 years ago. I never thought much of it. And now, I think, if I hadn't I wouldn't be where I am.

Being a pregnant mom with a 1 1/2 year old, you can say I was a little bored. One night I found myself perusing the babycenter boards and found a link to a myspace group. At that time, I was told I was due in July. I joined the July group and jumped into the morning sickness, baby names, weight gaining conversations. I met a wonderful woman, who had I had way too much in common with... we became fast friends and had due dates close to one another. The group was a great outlet for me. I later found out that I would indeed be having a June baby after all.... so while still being a part of the July group, I sought out a June group. I definately found a great June group full of women from all walks of life. We all rejoiced as each one of us found out what we were having, then talk went to nursery decor to childcare to car seats... the list could go on. The point is, I've found happiness in this group of women. When people around home blow me off because I'm a boring old mom, these girls are there. When I need an opinion on a dress, a haircut, something new for the baby... they are there. At first I thought it was a little sad that some of these women are there for me more than my home friends, but now I realize just how lucky I really am to have them!
And that July mom I mentioned before.... she is now the person I consider to be my best friend. Matthew and I went to Ohio in March and stayed with her. From the moment we met in the airport, I knew she was the other half of me I'd been missing. I could not live without Krys-Anne. Well, physically I might be able to, but mentally, NO WAY. This girl is like the twin that was separated from me at birth. I have never ever met anyone that has treated me with so much respect and values every word that comes out of my mouth. She is the truest friend I've ever had, and I look forward to our children getting married to one another. LOL. I miss her every single day of the week.

Pretty amazing huh? I find these other moms to be better friends than any of these jerks I have around here......

3 comments:

Bette Anne said...

Awww.. that's so sweet! ;)

And I saw that Pamper's deal, but I got like 10 packs for about $3 each about a month or so ago, so I'm still pretty stocked from that, so I'm holding out hoping for an even better deal! ;)

Dusty And Mandi said...

Yay for the June Mommies! Lol. I'm glad you found my blog.

Amber said...

Awww!! what a sweet blog Jillian. I know the feeling though. Ive met a woman in Florida who has become a really good friend to me. Its crazy how someone across the country could be considered to be a closer friend, than a friend that you actually see.......or dont see. But, it just happens that way sometimes.